Monday, November 24, 2008

Pleasent Surprise

I hadn't really heard anything about the museum of the American Indian except that the food was totally ballin. I assumed this meant that the museum was rather forgettable, but had an excellent food court. I didn't really eat at the museum, so I can't really attest to the food being mind-blowing, but the museum was so much more than what I was expecting. I was especially impressed by how the exhibits could appeal to both small children and grown adults. I believe that's particularly the most difficult thing to do when arranging and exhibit. I saw many school groups and independent families where the children and adults were both captivated. The children weren't acting out because of boredom, and the adults weren't aggrivated with having to discipline them. I supposed teaching small children has warped my view of museums. I no longer analyze what the artist was trying convey, or the underlying theme of the exhibit, but rather "would an 8-year-old enjoy this?" or "How can I turn this into a lesson plan?"

Except,
for the Fritz Scholder gallery exhibit. It made me remember how much I truly love art galleries. I saw the art. I appreciated the art. I loved the art. I got to explore the evolution of an artist. IT was therapuetic. I'd love to go back and spend more time there if anyone wants to. I also still haven't been to the portrait gallery, which everyone tells me is the best everXcore *infinity. So if anyone would like accompany me there as well let me know.
Buddha

No comments: